Ashland, Oregon (February 22, 2023) — A scheduled replacement of the HVAC system at Jackson County Library Services’ Ashland branch will disrupt library hours and services there beginning Tuesday, March 7. The expected completion date is mid-May.
- Meeting and study rooms will be unavailable for reservations for the project’s duration, from Tuesday, March 7 through the mid-May anticipated completion.
- Several Ashland Library programs will be hosted in alternate locations, including Windows in Time history lectures, Big Ideas conversation series programs, and storytime programs. To confirm locations and times for events normally held at the Ashland Library, visit the JCLS event calendar at jcls.libcal.com.
- The Ashland Library will be closed to the public on Monday, March 27 and Tuesday, March 28.
- Front door service will be offered at the Siskiyou entrance, 410 Siskiyou Boulevard, Wednesday, March 29 through Sunday, April 23. Service will be provided Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 12 Noon-5:00 p.m. Materials placed on hold may be picked up during this time; staff are unable to accommodate real-time requests for retrieval of materials. Mobile printing will be available, and Wi-Fi will be broadcast outside the library for anyone who wishes to access it on their own device.
- The library’s main level is scheduled to reopen on Monday, April 24. The upper level will remain closed for the final phase of the HVAC project. Patrons may still request materials from the collections housed upstairs, but will not have access to browse the collection. Public computers will be temporarily set up on the main level with a 30-minute time limit.
During this closure, Ashland Library patrons are encouraged to visit any of the other 14 branches in the system, including the nearby Talent Library, 101 Home Street, or Phoenix Library, 510 West 1st Street. Patrons may also contact the Ashland Library at 541-774-6980 if they wish to temporarily transfer their holds to another branch.
*The library will not be accepting donations during front door service.