Friends of the Library
What is a Friend?
The American Heritage Dictionary’s definition of “friend” captures the various meanings associated with the word:
- A person you know well and regard with affection and trust
- An ally: an associate who provides assistance
- A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade
- One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement.
Members of Jackson County Friends of the Library organizations are people like you who believe in and support our libraries by providing partnership and support right in their own community. Our Jackson County Libraries are fortunate to have an active Friends group at each of our 15 branches that are as unique as the communities they serve! Friends groups work tirelessly to raise funds (most commonly through book sales) to assist the library in providing and enhancing services. Our Friends provide support in a variety of ways including:
- Supporting education and literacy by funding important programs for children and youth which include storytimes and summer reading
- Sponsoring book clubs, author visits, and presenters of cultural and historical programs and
- Community advocacy and awareness.
Our Friends are always looking for new members and would be delighted to have you join them as they continue to help Jackson County residents learn, connect and grow! Contact your local branch for more information, or if your local branch’s Friends have their own website or Facebook page you can find the link below.
- Friends of the Applegate Library
- Friends of the Ashland Public Library
- Friends of the Butte Falls Branch Library
- Central Point Friends of the Library
- Eagle Point Friends of the Library
- Friends of the Gold Hill Library
- Jacksonville Friends of the Library
- Friends of the Medford Library
- Friends of the Phoenix Library
- Friends of the Prospect Library
- Rogue River Friends of the Library
- Friends of the Ruch Library
- Shady Cove Friends of the Library
- Talent Library Club
- White City Friends of the Library