Computer & Tech Help
Have a technology question? The Digital Services department is here to help. This includes, but is not limited to, library electronic resources such as Library2Go, Hoopla, Overdrive, and Kanopy. We can also assist with Microsoft or Apple applications and other non-hardware related questions. Our home base is at the Medford Library, but we visit all branches and are available by phone and email, and are happy to schedule one-on-one appointments in-person or over Zoom. We look forward to seeing you and helping you with your technology-related questions, bewilderment, concerns, and fears.
Reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 541-734-3990, or use the Request Help form below to ask a question.
Self Help Guides
Getting stuck using one of our many vendor’s platforms? Get unstuck with their how-to guides that cover just about everything you could think of.
The OverDrive app has been discontinued as of May 1, 2023. Need help switching to Libby? Get started here!
The JCLS Academy offers a variety of training for use of the library’s assortment of databases and research tools, presented in straightforward lessons.
See upcoming Computer and Technology events from JCLS!
Some Thoughts from Our Staff
View selections from our blog in which our staff share insights on current technology topics.
- Video Games, Literacy, and Visual NovelsIn which Brystan shares how video games can help children improve their reading skills.
- The OverDrive App is RetiringIn which Nicole provides an update OverDrive and Libby.
- Branching Out: Gaming in LibrariesIn which Brystan discusses video gaming in libraries, and shares a virtual tour of the Eagle Point gaming cave.
- Backing Up Your DataIn which Nicole discusses options for storing and protecting your data.
- Databases are Cool: Resume Template Edition In which Ellie shares her very favorite thing about A to Z Databases
Reach Out to Us
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Still need help? Fill out an online help request!