If you can’t find an item in the library catalog, we may be able to borrow it for you from a different library via Interlibrary Loan (ILL), available to any JCLS patron with a full-service card in good standing.
All types of materials may be requested, but audio, video, and genealogy items may be difficult to borrow. Current year publications and most audio/video requests are better served by placing a suggestion for purchase here.
When searching the ILL catalog (WorldCat) you might see titles listed as being owned by Jackson County Library Services. If you have already checked our catalog and not found the title, proceed with the request. Our JCLS online catalog is more up-to-date and reflects what we currently have available.
Only two ILL items total per patron may be requested and/or checked out at a time.
The ILL team always requests from free lenders first and will not order items for a fee unless the patron has entered a max cost into the request form.
You will be contacted if for any reason we are unable to fill your request, otherwise, your branch library will contact you when your ILL is available for pick-up.
Please be aware that there is no standard timeframe for receiving an ILL, sometimes they arrive quickly from a nearby library and sometimes they take many weeks to arrive in the mail.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
- It is the patron's responsibility to pick up and return these materials on time.
- Only two items per patron may be requested/active at a time.
- A full-service JCLS Library Card in good standing is required to request an ILL.
- Failure to adhere to Interlibrary Loan policies may result in the loss of Interlibrary Loan privileges and borrowing privileges within Jackson County Library Services.
- OVERDUE FINES WILL BE ASSESSED AT $1 PER DAY PER ITEM FROM THE DATE DUE
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or other reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright.
- Requesting an ILL through the online form indicates your willingness to comply with the Interlibrary Loan policies of Jackson County Library Services.
For more information, contact your local branch or call the Interlibrary Loan Services Department at (541) 582-6211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.